When it comes to beef cuts, sirloin steak is one of the tastiest. It is oozing with flavor, although, the latter will depend on how it is cooked. That said, if you want to learn how to cook sirloin steak like an expert, read on and learn from some of the insights we’ll be sharing.
How to Cook Sirloin Steak in a Pan
For sure, you have a stove and a pan at home, which explains why this is one of the best methods for cooking sirloin steak. Below are the easy steps that you have to follow:
- Start by making sure that your steak reaches room temperature. If it is taken out of the freezer, allow it to sit. You will need to wait for at least 30 minutes before you can start.
- Season your steak before you start. The natural flavor of the meat is what is supposed to make it tasty, so keep the seasoning at a minimum. Rub both sides with oil and add a dash of salt. Pepper can be skipped as it will be useless when you are cooking at a high temperature.
- Place a pan on top of medium heat. Turn on the heat at the highest possible setting. High heat will allow the flavor to seal and will also make the meat tender. Once the pan is hot enough, add the steak. You do not need to add oil to the pan since you have already earlier oiled the meat.
- Watch the meat and look at the signs that it is already cooked, which will depend on the level of doneness that is desired. Ideally, you should wait for one to two minutes before the steak is flipped. Since you are cooking at high heat, you do not need to wait for a long time. Otherwise, the steak may end up being burnt.
- When it is cooked, transfer on a clean plate and have it covered with tea towel. Allow it to rest and settle.
- Slice the steak, serve, and enjoy!
How to Cook Sirloin Steak in an Oven
If you would rather do it in the oven, here are the easy steps that are involved.
- As usual, the first thing to do is to make sure that it is at room temperature. Trim any excess fat that you can see from the exterior of the meat.
- While you are preparing the meat, see to it that you are already pre-heating the oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Season the steak as desired. Keep it simple with the use of only salt and pepper. Once it is seasoned, place it in a roasting pan.
- Put the pan in the oven and start roasting. Depending on the thickness of the sirloin steak, you might need to wait up to 50 minutes before it is fully cooked.
- Remove the pan from the oven. Transfer the steak on a plate and allow it to rest for three to five minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
How to Cook Sirloin Steak on a Grill
When it comes to cooking sirloin steak, grilling is one of the most preferred methods. It gives the meat a natural taste and won’t need a lot of flavorings.
- Cut the steak and season as desired. Rub it with salt and pepper.
- Prepare the grill by having it pre-heated. The procedure will vary depending on the type of grill that you are using. Propane, gas, and charcoal grills are commonly used when grilling sirloin. If you are using charcoal or wood, pre-heating the grill can take up to 30 minutes. The thickness of the steak will also dictate how long you need to pre-heat.
- Put the meat directly on the grill. Cook each side of the meat for four to seven minutes depending on the doneness that is preferred. For medium rare, grill each side for five minutes. Meanwhile, each side should be grilled seven minutes for medium and ten minutes for well-done. The color should be dark brown. If the meat turns black, this is an indication that the temperature is too high or that you have grilled longer than necessary.
- To be sure, you need to use a thermometer to check the temperature of the meat and be sure that it is cooked accordingly.
- Remove the sirloin from the heat, serve, and devour!
Now that you are done reading this short post about how to cook sirloin steak, we hope that you have learned a thing or two. As noted, you can cook it through the grill, oven, or pan. Personal preferences will dictate which one is the best.